Sunday, November 15, 2009

New Blog for Salt Creek Show

I've been hosting The Salt Creek Show on 93.5, WVBR-FM Ithaca since 2003, along with Peter Fraissinet, Brad Edmondson, Annie Keville and Chuck Donovan. The show runs for 4 hours from 6-10 am on Sundays, and is the longest running specialty radio show in Ithaca, on the air continuously since 1964. The show features music in the country/Americana realm, largely outside the country music mainstream. We all have a slightly perspective, but one thing we all have in common is the love of a wide range of music in the country/roots/blues/folk tradition.

I've been starting to think about my upcoming December Salt Creek Show, and I decided to start this blog to post further information about artists that I feature on the show, as well as favorite artists of the year. The December show is my year-end recap, in which I feature my favorite recordings of the year, so this year I'll post all of the albums and artists to help people out who are shopping for holiday gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment